Update – 19th September 2015: Guest blog submissions are being put on hold for the time being. Thank you for your interest and please follow me on Twitter (or follow the blog) to be notified of calls for new guest articles. 🙂
If you’re a blogger or a Tomb Raider fan with a story to share, you’d be happy to know that The Archaeology of Tomb Raider does accept guest blogs. But please read the following before submitting your work!
- Your article must fit the general theme of this blog and all guest blogs will be reviewed by me before they are published. As author of this blog, I reserve the right to publish (or refuse) guest blogs and my decision is final. If you are not sure if your article is suitable, you’re welcome to contact me for advice. Please note that I will not accept articles that aren’t relevant to this blog or those which appear to be created solely for SEO purposes or generating backlinks to your own blog or website.
- At present, I can only accept guest blogs written in English. If there is enough demand for a specific language, I will gladly accept guest blogs written in other languages.
- Try to avoid using strong language unless it’s absolutely necessary. I’d like to keep this blog as family-friendly as possible. Articles deemed to be racist, sexist or otherwise offensive will be rejected.
- There are no word limits but try to be concise and stay on topic. Short paragraphs work best in online publishing and links and images will make your work look more attractive to other readers (Wikimedia Commons is a great place for royalty-free images). If you use any images or other people’s material in your guest blog, please make sure you credit the source and/or original author.
- All articles will be proofread and/or edited before they are published but to make life a little easier for me, please check your work before submitting it for review or ask a friend or family member to do it for you.
- You’re welcome to publish your article on your own blog and/or other blogs as I believe authors should retain the right to publish their own work wherever they choose. If your article was first published on this blog and is then submitted to another blog or site for publication, please ask the other blog/site to link back to the original article and/or to The Archaeology of Tomb Raider. This is not a condition for publication but it would be greatly appreciated.
Still interested in writing for this blog? If so, please contact me via my email address: amateurarchaeologist_at_gmail_dot_com. All emails will be dealt with within a few days, free time permitting. 😉
Here are some examples of the guest blogs we’ve featured on The Archaeology of Tomb Raider:
- 6 Amazing Archaeological Sites That Lara Croft Hasn’t Visited (But Really Should) by Lisa-Marie Shillito
- The League of Extraordinary Treasure Hunters by Ross Wittenham
- Gates of Hel: The Norse Cosmology Behind Tomb Raider: Underworld by Anya M
- Lara Croft – Why I Love Her by Chloë M
- Tomb Raider and the Temples of Angkor by Anya M