About the Author
If you’re reading this, it probably means you want to learn more about the blogger behind The Archaeology of Tomb Raider.
- Name – Kelly M.
- Age – 30-something.
- Twitter – @TombRaiderArch.
- Location – The Netherlands, but originally from Gibraltar.
- Living with – My husband and our two cats, Rico and Juno.
- Favourite Tomb Raider game – Tomb Raider II.
- Speaks/Understands (with varying degrees of fluency) – English, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Dutch, French, and Japanese.
- Credentials – My academic background is in modern Chinese studies, translation, and international relations but I’ve also studied for an undergraduate certificate in archaeology in my spare time and have a keen interest in online marketing and gaming (console and mobile).
- Occupation – Freelance translator and content creator.
Interests & Hobbies :
- East Asian, Egyptian, Mesoamerican and Andean archaeology;
- Archaeological ethics and cultural heritage management;
- Foreign languages and linguistics;
- Wildlife conservation;
- East Asian, South Asian, and South-East Asian cuisines;
- Blogging, online marketing, and social media;
- Video games (console and mobile);
- Star Wars and Star Trek;
- Reading (mostly non-fiction and travel writing);
- Archery (I’m the proud owner of a 35-lb Hungarian horse bow).
- 8-Bit Girl (published in November 2015)
- Guns & Grapple (published in November 2015)
- The Mental Attic (published in March 2014)
If you’d like to know what I think about the Tomb Raider series or Lara Croft, check out this edition of In the Spotlight. And if you’re curious to know why I launched this site, check out my article, Why I Blog About Archaeology (and Tomb Raider).