It’s time for another edition of Unearthed! Can you believe another week has just flown by? Where are the days going..?
So, without further ado, here are some of the best articles, blog posts, and tweets of the past 7 days!
Tomb Raider News & Views:
- There’s been a lot of speculation as to how the upcoming Tomb Raider novel will fit into the new timeline so Crystal Dynamics have responded and confirmed that the events in the novel take place between the end of TR 2013 and the start of the Dark Horse comic series.
- WatchMojo recently compiled a list of their Top 10 Female Protagonists in Video Games. Guess who’s number 1?
Archaeology & Ancient History:
- Archaeologists have found 150 mummies belonging to an unknown culture in Peru’s Atacama desert. The remains are thought to predate the Tiwanaku civilization by several centuries.
- The remains of an ancient Roman city have been found buried under a thick layer of silt near the Egyptian port city of Rashid (or Rosetta).
- Researchers at the International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery believe they’re coming closer to solving the mystery of Amelia Earhart’s disappearance.
- Australian Ryan McNaught (aka The Brick Man) has built a LEGO Acropolis using more than 120,000 LEGO bricks. This stunning creation will be donated to Greece’s Acropolis Museum as a gift of the Australian people.
Just For Fun:
- Ever wondered which Lara Croft you are most like? Take Ostercy’s fun quiz to find out!
- Looking for a fun and educational way to distract yourself from what you should be doing? Then check out Smarty Pins, Google’s new geography trivia game!
Tweets of the Week:
Thank goodness the Steam summer sale finally ended. I don't have to fight a losing battle with my non-existent willpower every time I log on—
Stephanie (@Moshers_Moll) July 01, 2014
@TRArchaeology I hate tombs. I mean, I hate videogames. Wait...I mean, I hate irony. Well, I'm sure I hate something.—
Stellalune (@stellalune) June 30, 2014
"I promise I'll come and save you, Sam! Hold on! Just as soon as I've located 5 documents, 3 relics and 12 GPS caches. Then I'll save you!"—
Bryony (@_Bryony_) July 04, 2014
Sports are too stressful. Play games, instead.—
WilWolf (@WilWolfing) July 05, 2014
martyn rice (@ricemartyn) July 03, 2014
Rivendell (@illucifer) July 01, 2014
Enjoyed this edition of Unearthed? You can find an archive of all previous editions over here.