The Archaeology of Tomb Raider Facebook page has hit the 1,000-like mark and to celebrate this milestone, I’m launching a brand new competition: The Archaeology of Tomb Raider Scavenger Hunt.
Since I don’t have any official Tomb Raider merchandise to give away, I will once again be giving away three books from my personal library to three lucky readers (i.e. one book per person). The books are pre-owned but are in good condition.
The three books I’ll be giving away are The Ancient Kingdoms of Peru by Nigel Davies, Learn Ancient Greek by Peter Jones and Pocket Guide to Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphs by Richard Parkinson, which represent the three real countries Lara visits in Tomb Raider I and Anniversary (no, Atlantis doesn’t count).
If you’d like the chance to win one of these fantastic books, you will need to answer 10 questions about the blog and its author. All of the answers can be found throughout the blog so you will need to do a little treasure hunting of your own. 😉
But before you fill out the form below, please take a moment to read through the competition’s terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions:
- There is no fee to enter this competition and no purchase is necessary.
- Only one entry per person is permitted. Anyone suspected of submitting multiple entries will be automatically disqualified.
- Entrants must get at least 7 questions right in order to be eligible for the draw. Please note that all entries are final so please review your answers carefully before submitting them to me.
- The three winners will be chosen from the list of eligible entries through the use of a random number generator.
- The three winners will be announced on the blog and the blog’s social media pages and will be contacted by email. The winners must provide their real names and postal addresses within 2 weeks of being contacted by email or else they forfeit the right to claim their prize. In the event of a forfeit, another winner will be chosen at random.
- The books will be posted to the winners by air mail so if you’re one of the lucky winners, you must be willing to provide your real name and postal address. All personal information will be deleted once the packages have been mailed off and no personal information will be forwarded or disclosed to third parties. Please note that you will be responsible for any import fees, taxes or other charges that may be applicable in your country.
Here are the 10 questions you must answer correctly in order to be eligible for the draw. All of the answers can be found on this blog. Be sure to check the archives and the pages listed in the top menu. 😉
- Which real-life statue is the Egyptian cat statue from Tomb Raider 1 and Unfinished Business based on?
- What are the names of the two Maya sites I wrote about in the very first edition of Lara’s Travels?
- Which of these enemies did NOT appear in any of my Top 10 Scariest Enemies lists?
A) The sea snake from TR: Legend
B) Brother Obscura from Angel of Darkness
C) Shiva statues from TR III
D) Winston the Butler
- The tomb KV5 was built for the sons of which Egyptian pharaoh?
- In which country can you find the Ban Chiang archaeological site?
- Which of these items has NOT appeared in an edition of Arte-Factual to date?
A) Kansu burial urn (TR 2013)
B) Killer whale bottle (TR Anniversary)
C) Dagger of Xian (TR II)
D) Gunbai war fan (TR 2013)
- The Mask of Tornasuk bears a resemblance to which real-life golden mask?
- What is the name of the volcano on Jan Mayen island?
- Name any 3 of the 10 places I listed as the coldest places Lara has visited in the Tomb Raider games and films.
- What are the names of my two cats?
The closing date for this competition is 23:59 CET (UTC + 1) on 29th January 2014. The three winners will be announced on the blog and on social media on 31st January 2014.
In order to enter this competition, please fill out the form below and copy/paste your answers into the relevant text field. Alternatively, you can send your answers to me by email. My email address is amateurarchaeologist_at_gmail_com.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. A HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK PART!
NOTE: Please do NOT post the answers on this page as it will ruin the fun for everyone. Any comments left on this page that violate this rule will be deleted.
Follow the Archaeology of Tomb Raider on social media!