First of all, I’d like to thank the bloggers who nominated me for this award: Kevin Kutlesa, PP1MT of The Pew Pew Diaries, John Heatz, and the awesome folks over at 1001-Up.Com. Be sure to check out their blogs and if I’ve missed anyone (the pingback function doesn’t always work properly), let me know!
Now that that’s out of the way, onto the nominations! Here are my 15 nominees in no particular order:
- Stella’s Tomb Raider Blog
- Drowning in Fire
- Oracle of Film
- Seshat’s Journal
- Rita Robert’s Blog
- David Allsop Classics
- Bones Don’t Lie
- Doug’s Archaeology
- Arpad Lukacs’ Blog
- Linear B, Knossos & Mycenae
- Holism in Ancient Egypt & Greece
- Res Gerendae
I’m also required to share 7 facts about myself to satisfy people’s curiosity. Since I’ve already received this award in the past, I’ll try not to share the same facts as I did back then. So, here are a few things you probably didn’t know about me.
- I once taught myself the Georgian and Korean alphabets because I was feeling bored.
- I’d really love to trek along the Silk Road and visit the ancient cities of Dunhuang, Turpan, Urumqi, and Samarkand.
- My favourite TV shows are South Park, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and Star Trek: Voyager.
- I’ve eaten reindeer stew and it was surprisingly delicious.
- I’ve walked along small sections of the Great Wall three times in my life and wouldn’t recommend doing it in the summer months.
- My beverage of choice: a cup of PG Tips tea with milk and 1-2 teaspoons of sugar.
- My partner proposed to me last November under the Northern Lights and about 10 metres from the Norway-Finland border.
If you’ve been nominated and want to nominate some blogs of your own, here are the rules:
1) Thank the person (or people) who’ve nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award and link back to their blog. You’re also welcome to save the award image below and upload it to your own blog.
2) Select up to 15 awesome blogs that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and nominate their authors for the award. Tip: It’s probably best to leave a link to your blog post on their “About” or “Contact” pages or else they might not know that they’ve been nominated.
3) Share 7 facts about yourself. Tell us what makes you special and/or awesome.
4) Not an official rule but something I’d enjoy: Leave a link to your own nominations post so that I can find out a bit more about you and the blogs you love.
Follow the Archaeology of Tomb Raider on social media!